1. If a complaint is received verbally or written, whether justified or not, it is first entered in to the "Company's Complaints Book", the details entered, are the nature of the complaint plus the day & time the complaint was made.
2. The consumer is then immediately sent a written acknowledgement.
3. We will try and resolve the complaint by the close of business the day following receipt of the complaint.
4. While the complaint is being dealt with, the consumer is kept informed about the progress of their complaint.
5. If we are unable to resolve the complaint, we will send the consumer a final response within 8 weeks from the date we first got the complaint. In that final written response we will :
a) State whether the complaint has been upheld;
b) where appropriate offer redress or remedial action;
c) enclose a copy of the FOS's (Financial Ombudsman Service) standard explanatory leaflet; and
d) inform the complainant that if they remain dissatisfied they may now refer their complaint to the FOS and must do so within 6 months and informing them that the service is free.